Sunday, March 24, 2013

Review:3 Way Split: ACXDC/Magnum Force/Sex Prisoner


Cheers to To Live A Lie Records for releasing what is most likely the most brutal 3 way split of the year: these 3 punishing powerviolence bands tear through their songs in roughly 10 minutes, with all 3 sharing a take no prisoners attitude of all go, no slow.

First up is 5 new tracks from  Antichrist Demoncore (or ACXDC for short). I've been into these guys for quite sometime and after quite a long period of inactivity it's awesome to see the band in action again. The 5 tracks they contribute fucking rip and might just be my favorite material from the band to date. It is also of note that these are most definitely the best sounding recordings I've heard from the band thus far: whoever handled the recording/production of these songs did a top notch job..

Up next is Magnum Force. I was unfamiliar with this band before this split but I've definitely got my eye on them now. Their 3 tracks are absolutely fucking crushing, and the last half of standout track "Boxed In" had me wanting to tear the walls down around me. I am most definitely looking forward to hearing more from this band in the future.

Closing out the split are 4 new songs from Sex Prisoner. I've heard some other material from this band and it sounded great, but these songs blow everything previous out of the fucking water. I would go as far to say this is my favorite side of this split, but it really is hard to choose when all the material presented is this good.

I will keep this review short and to the point just as the band's have with their material: If you are a fan of faster hardcore/powerviolence then you should consider this split an essential 2013 release. All three of these bands are at the top of their game and I can't wait to hear more from them in the future. The projected release of this split on vinyl is May 2013, so be sure to keep tabs on To Live A Lie's website for more info as it drops, and stream ACXDC's side of the split below as well.