Saturday, October 15, 2011

Review: Colisem - Parasites EP

OVERVIEW: The EP really has a very slow start to it. The first three opening tracks are very trotting and the EP failed to really catch my attention until the fourth track. This is definitely where the EP makes a turn-around for me. The middle songs are all very catchy, very punchy and all have a great feel to them. The sounds and vibes here get fairly diverse. A few tracks have a cool, grungy vibe to them, which is definitely something I can dig. But, unfortunately, just as the EP seemed to be building up to something break-through, it just flopped over again and disappointed me. I was really expecting the momentum from the middle of the EP to carry over to the later songs, but they just feel rehashed and bland. The opening and ending of the album feels like I’ve heard it all a thousand times before. All in all, it’s not a bad release, but it is still fairly lacking. Worth a spin, but don’t get your hopes up.