Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: No Omega- S/T EP





No Omega from Sweden seem to be a hidden secret since their first EP entitled No Omega shows the band living up to many European contemporaries such as Rise and Fall, Zann, Oathbreaker and Trainwreck. The EP embodies very emotional/ dark hardcore spreading across many topics lyrically from veganism, politics and is written in a poetic muse much like their contemporaries. Though what sets them apart from these bands is the amount of passion and dedication put into each chord and each lyric. I don’t want to lump them into a category but I could definitely see this band on Deathwish Inc. or A389 in the near future. If you are a fan of dark/metallic hardcore and such as Seraphim, Rise and Fall, Oathbreaker, and Cursed then I would definitely check this out.



Rating: 4/5 (While I love bands like this and think they executed it well, I can’t stop feeling like I’m listening to Rise and Fall and Zann which rules but takes away something)



Favorite Songs: Constants and The Design

Check them out here: http://www.noomega.bandcamp.com