Saturday, May 7, 2011

Review: Agitator- Walls Closing In

Ok time to give this review thing a shot, this will be my first review on this site so give me some slack.

Hailing from Eastern Pennsylvania, Aggressive Straight Edge band AGITATOR have returned with their second EP and Six Feet Under debut entitled “Walls Closing In”. Bursting onto the scene in 2009 Agitator caught the attention of Ride The Fury Records and Harvcore Records with their debut demo, which was later released by RTF on cassette. The next year (2010) marked the debut EP from the band entitled “Enter Vice Lords” which was released by the West Chester, PA based label HARVCORE.

The bands debut EP marked them as a bright and vicious band in the Pennsylvania scene, which was later embraced by Joe Hardcore when the band was asked to play the This Is Hardcore. The band’s set at TIH caught the attention of Six Feet Under Records, who came to the band about releasing a new EP in 2011.

Now onto the record itself, running at about 13 minutes in length I can honestly say this is one of the best EP’s I’ve heard this year. With the bands drastic improvement on lyrical content, riff structure, and flat out song writing I find this album is more enjoyable and “fulfilling” over their debut album. With their first record I think some people were turned off by the overwhelming sense coming off the ignorant lyrical content, but from my perspective I can say this is a leap in the right direction for the band.

If you heard the first EP and were turned off by the band, I hope you will give this band a second shot.

Rating: 4.75/5
Favorite Track: Social Chameleon
Keep an eye on for ordering information